AbstractBuilding a Test Automation Framework is easy - there are so many resources / guides / blogs / etc. available to help you get started and help solve the issues you get along the journey.
However, building a "good" Test Automation Framework is not very easy. There are a lot of principles and practices you need to use, in the right context, with a good set of skills required to make the Test Automation Framework maintainable, scalable and reusable.
Design Patterns play a big role in helping achieve this goal of building a good and robust framework.
In this talk, we will talk about, and see examples of various types of patterns you can use for:
- Build your Test Automation Framework
- Test Data Management
- Locators / IDs (for finding / interacting with elements in the browser / app)
- Patterns for building Test Automation Framework
- Patterns for Test Data Management, with pros and cons of each
- Patterns for managing locators / IDs for interaction with UI