We are extremely happy to start the new year with YASV (Yet Another Successful vodQA) event, this time with the theme - Agile Testing Workshop, conducted on 9th January 2016 in ThoughtWorks, Pune office.
Why the theme - "Agile Testing Workshop"?
Over the past few years, after having worked on numerous projects, interacted with a lot of clients (and their partners / vendors), and gaining insights from speaking with individuals & teams in conferences & organizations, we (the vodQA Pune team), realized that a decent portion of the Software (testing) Industry lacks decent / good understanding of Agile and effective Testing on Agile projects / teams.
So, we decided to conduct the next vodQA in Pune - focussed on Agile Testing to answer questions like - "What is Agile and what does it mean to Test on Agile projects / teams?"
- When we started planning for this edition of vodQA, the plan was to keep it very lean - in planning, execution and participation as well. For this, we planned to keep this vodQA 'small'. Little did we realize it would end up being a patiala peg.
- What started out as an event aimed at 30 attendees soon shot up to 180+ RSVPs on Facebook to 160+ confirmations and eventually we had 85+ attendees. Including ThoughtWorkers, we (again) crossed 100+ people for vodQA Pune! - There went a lot of our 'being-lean' out of the window!
- This event was completely driven by the Facebook group (from announcements to registrations to updates).
- We had a quite a few attendees travel from out of Pune for vodQA (ex: Mumbai, Nagpur)
- This was one of the most vocal, enthusiastic and interactive audience vodQA Pune has seen. They shared their experiences and asked a lot of questions as well.
- True to our objective for this vodQA, we ensured there was sufficient time between sessions / workshops to facilitate discussions and answer specific questions from the attendees.
- We had impromptu fishbowl discussion on certain Parking Lot questions.
- After the first session of the day (Agile Game), the attendees celebrated (it was over) by bursting the balloons - early Diwali some would say … :)
- A huge shoutout to the organisers who were constantly tweaking their execution methods, days before the event as our expected turnout gradually rose from 30 to 100+.
Agenda and Slides
|Welcome note||Anand Bagmar|
|Agile Game||Abhay Dalvi, Vardhan Bhatt & Vikrant Chauhan|
|What is Agile Testing?||Amit Gundiyal & Prasad Kalgutkar||http://www.slideshare.net/|
|Effective Strategies for Distributed Testing||Preeti Mishra||http://www.slideshare.net/|
|Testing the Mysterious Sphere||Anjali Wadhwa, Ashwini Ingle & Preeti Mishra||http://www.slideshare.net/|
|Test Automation - Principles, Practices||Vardhan Bhatt & Vikrant Chauhan||http://www.slideshare.net/|
|Tea + Snacks break|
|Patterns in Test Automation (Framework + Data)||Anand Bagmar||http://www.slideshare.net/|
- Ur event is successful when attendees r so involved that they forgot to tweet abt it till d lunch brk :) #VodQA #VodQAPune #ThoughtWorks
- Overall workshop was wonderful. Presentation and content was good. Helpful to understand and implement in our current process.
- Agile testing game taught us to focus more on quality than quantity & take feedback as soon as possible from the PO
- Though I am not working in Agile env currently, I understood whole session and got to learn something.
The always rocking vodQA Pune team!!
|vodQA Pune team|