Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Thursday, June 17, 2021
Business-Layer Page-Object Pattern
Business-Layer Page-Object Pattern for Functional / System / end-2-end Test Automation
- Tests should talk business language
- The test is deterministic, for a specific scenario. The test implementation is an orchestration of corresponding business operations
- Business layer is an abstraction layer between the test intent & page objects
- Implementation of business layer method is essentially an orchestration of other business operations, or for the granular business operation, an orchestration of page objects
- The business layer method does the assertions of expectations
- There should be no assertions in page objects
- Each operation (in business or page object) being successful means there are a defined number of methods / operations the product can now do (as you are driving the product under test to do your bidding)
- Hence, to #7, each operation can have one 1 valid page / business object as its return type
See the sample tests implemented in teswiz for an example of Business-Layer Page-Object pattern implementation.
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Automating Functional / End-2-End Tests Across Multiple Platforms
Do you want to know more about an approach to Functional (end-to-end) Test Automation that works for a product available on multiple platforms?
If yes, then read my blog post on Automating Functional / End-2-End Tests Across Multiple Platforms which shares details on the thought process & criteria involved in creating a solution that includes how to write the tests, and run it across the multiple platforms without any code change.
Lastly, the open-sourced solution - teswiz also has examples on how to implement a test that orchestrates the simulation between multiple devices / browsers to simulate multiple users interacting with each other as part of the same test.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)