Friday, January 11, 2013

Mac Air video problem? This may work for you

I have been using a Mac Air for some time now. One thing that has been a constant frustration for me on this machine is for some reason, the in-built camera stops working. For example, when I try to use Google Hangout or Skype, I get the error - "There is no camera connected". 

The System Profiler shows the camera is there.

Strangely, on restarting the machine, the camera starts working.

After lot of digging around, I found a post by "madams end" here which solved the problem for me.

The solution is: 


Go to Terminal.app and run the command:

sudo killall VDCAssistant


This fixed the problem for me.

The next thing I did was simply created a alias for this command in my shell - and then whenever I encounter the problem, just execute this alias.

No comments:

Post a Comment