After 7+ years, I finally took the heavy step and moved out of ThoughtWorks.
The past 7+ years have been awesome. I had loads of fun, learnt many new things, made a lot of friends and found inspiration and guidance from a lot of mentors.
Thank you ThoughtWorks and ThoughtWorkers! Wouldn’t have been who I am today without you and you all will always be a huge part of me!
Taking the decision was tougher than I thought it would be ... but new challenges were waiting for me, and the time had come.
On 1st December, 2016, I started my next stint as "Directory - Quality" at Vuclip, Inc for the Viu product. You can also find us via the PlayStore or AppStore.
Day 1 at vuclip, barring the first 2 hours of paperwork, was getting right into action. With the planning for 2017 in full swing, there was no time to settle - but instead had to hit the ground running.
The charter starting Day 1 for me was:
- Define & execute test strategy for Viu - for multiple platforms, for multiple regions & partners
- Build team to help execute the above (see section below on what I am looking out for)
- In scope - functional testing, automation, performance, analytics, benchmarking, infrastructure, tooling, etc.
- Out of scope - nothing
And so the fun has begun.
So, here is what I need to learn and execute immediately (looking forward to suggestions, links, feedback on how you have done it in the past)
- Is it worth setting up a mobile lab (real devices + simulators) in-house or use external services for running automated tests exploratory tests?
- If the latter to the above, what services have you used in the past? What have the results been?
- Is it possible (and worth) automating the checks for memory / processor / battery usage when running tests against the native app (on Android & iOS)?
- How to do native app performance testing (client-side) for Android & iOS?
Also, I am looking to build a strong testing team with team members having the primary skills & capabilities -
- Open-minded, quick learner
- A good Testing-mindset
- Mobile Testing experience (non-automated + test automation)
- Performance Testing (client-side & server-side)
Contact me if you are interested in being part of my team to work on this challenging product.