That said, I am interested in knowing a few things on this:
- Has anyone in the group worked with protractor recently?
- What has been your experiences in working with it?
- Who are the roles involved in the automation implementation, execution and maintenance?
- What are the typical utilities you built in this framework?
- How have you been modelling you page-object pattern with JS / protractor based frameworks? Or, is there some other better set of patterns for JS that should be used?
- How did you build your page objects? How did you build and manage the composition / nesting of pages? Did the method of a page return an appropriate page object?
- How many tests exist in your framework?
- Do you run your tests in parallel?
- Do your tests run in CI? If yes, which driver do you use? Protractor site discourages the use of phantomJS.
- Would it be possible to share some (non-confidential) examples of how you built your Page Objects? How are your specs written? Any example of that possible to see?
- Did anyone manage to run their tests against Safari / IE11 as well?
- What about soft asserts? Did you implement this?
- I saw a strange issue when running my test against chrome - I got the element is not clickable at xxx coordinates. However the same test ran against Firefox and phantomjs. Anyone seen this before?
- Given that protractor site does not recommend using phantomJS driver much, anyone used xvfb for running their tests in CI?
- What reporters do you use?